Monday, August 25, 2008

Some Transformers 2 tidbits from the Screenwriter

Robert Orci is the screenwriter for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, and /film has posted some highlights from posts he's been throwing up over on the TFW2005 forums. This film excites me man. I really liked the first one. Regardless of its flaws, it was a whole lot of fun. And I don't think I can get enough LeBeouf. He owned that movie. What they're talking about basically sounds like bigger, awesomer, and hopefully less talking robots that act like 6 year olds. And that is ok with me. It is interesting however that he says they're looking at movies like Back to the Future and Gremlins, those classics from the 80's that used the inherent humor in their plotlines to their advantage. I guess this might've been what they were trying with the first one as well, although I don't know how successful that was. At any rate, first he makes that claim, but then right at the end he turns and says that this film will be darker than the first. It's not that narrowly avoiding sleeping with your mother isn't somewhat dark, but I think attempting to make the Transformers a dark Goonies with robots is a mistake. Choose one or the other. Right?

0 comments: